Welcome to the US Social Forum 2010 Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Working Group site
If you are a US Social Forum Organizer who would like to start or continue building the technology/Internet components of your work, this is the right place. Please feel free to communicate with us by requesting support. Be sure to include your email address so you are notified when we respond.
What's the status of the ICT? If you are interested in knowing what issues we are currently working on and what we expect down the road, please see our roadmap.
Our meetings are generally weekly on Thursdays at 9:00 pm. EDT (6pm PDT)
Our next regular conference call is scheduled for Thursday, June 10th, at 9:00 pm EDT USA/New_York time:
Conference Dial-in Number: (605) 475-4825 Participant Access Code: 866209#
Whiteboard for next meeting: http://notes.ussf2010.org/ict-2010-06-10.wb
You may also be interested in reviewing our toolset to get a sense of the technology tools we use to collaborate. Use of a telephone and email are the only requirements.
Next Work Session: Live Video June 6, 2010 at 4:30 pm America/New_York
For additional information on the tools we use, please see our toolset.
Our work meetings happen sporadically - the dates are posted here.
If you would like to receive notifications of all tickets posted, you can subscribe to the tech-trac list.
Workshops and Trainings
- WSF International Council in Mexico City, Mexico from May 5-7, 2010
- 2010 Labor Notes conference, April 23-25 in Detroit, Michigan
- Drupal Con, San Francisco: April 19 - 21, 2010
- NYC Anarchist Bookfair, April 17, 2010
- Non-profit Technology Conference in Atlanta, Georgia: April 8 - 10, 2010
- Left Forum, New York City: March 19 - 21, 2010
- SXSW Interactive in Austin, Texas: March 12 - 16, 2010
- Grassroots Fundraising Conference, Brecht Forum NYC, February 19 - 20, 2010
- Free Culture 20X0, DC: February 13th and 14th, 2010
- 10 years Social Forum, Greater Porto Alegre: January 25-29, 2010
- LATISM DC: Friday, December 11, 2009
- The Organizing 2.0 conference in NYC: December 5, 2009 Organizing Technology for a Movement
- LA IMC 10th Anniversary: November 14, 2009 Shared Experiences in Technology
- CiviCRM Training: November 5, 2009, Notes with USSF Resources, Communications, and Outreach working groups.
- Boston: October 16-17, 2009 at Grassroots Use of Technology Conference, workshop description
- The National Planning Committee approved 10 technology principles for developing technology for the social forum. These principles inform our policy documents.
- A stab at scoping the issues likely to come up as we proceed with planning.
- Technology Coordinator Positions
- Lessons from Atlanta 2007
- Lessons from Detroit 2010: A Final Report
- Questions and Answers about ICT working group
- Quick Guide: for developers to all USSF websites
- Committee Members partial list.
- WG Liaisons
- Live Video Streaming
- Live Audio Streaming
- Housing for Techies
- Webstream TV Guide
- How to Attach_Files