wiki:agenda-ict-20090820

August 20, 2009 meeting agenda

Present: Alfredo, Mallory, Nancy, Sylvia, Ross

  • Job description
    --We can merge the additions and note that these are recommendations, especially skill sets that someone should have. Do this over next couple of days.
    --Anchors still interested in split, at least for 60 days.
    --Mallory believes the position should be one person, full time with benefits with ability to do work professionally. Half/part-time work is limiting for each person, including benefits.
    --Perhaps use allocated money from USSF for the first 60 days of the anchors' split hire proposal, followed with a review to continue or go with one person. But what about other possible hardware needs for registration and other organizing needs?
    --We need a clearer and more articulate vision about Detroit needs.
    --Perhaps helping get the DLOC Tech/Communications Committee back and running could help with some of the local needs.
    --ICT needs to start spending more time in Sept on other USSF needs.
    --How do we go about having a conversation with Detroit about the tech position (one vs two people), and how ICT can support its needs, concerns?
    --Nancy can outreach to tech people in Detroit.
    --Proposal: ICT can draft a proposal to anchors affirming its support to Detroit technology needs (including monitoring and how it occurs), and rationale for one person for job--will go to ICT and anchors within next couple of days with proposal for a conference call.
    --Budget concerns include travel funds for person(s) to travel to Detroit.
    --Ross believes we should give preference or strongly support a tech person in Detroit, perhaps even move to Detroit.
    --Sylvia discussed Detroit needs, including registration hardware and support; wifi capabilities and capacity at USSF workshop/gathering locations, i.e., Cobo Hall convention center, Hart Plaza open stage area along river; tent cities, hotels and other off sites locations; plus the need for people who can help with other high- and low-tech needs (e.g. radio).
    --Ross mentioned that we're apt to have feelings of alienation in Detroit if we don't make sure that Detroit's needs and concerns are addressed; we should be open to the position being in Detroit.
    --Alfredo is willing to bridge the conversation, without any particular agenda.

  • Tech Budget ideally by 8/31, final by 9/15
    --Alfredo proposes he and Jaime take a crack at working on it since they did it last time, then others on ICT can review and edit.

  • (brief) NPC report-back, tasks
    --NPC asks that all Working Groups prepare to send two reps to new Organizing Committee by 9/15.
    --NPC will discuss several applications to join NPC (MayFirst/PeopleLink included) at conf call on Wed, 8/26 at 1pm EST.
    --Other items are discussed in different parts of this meeting.

  • Politics of corporate web sites
    --Tabled again...we regret it keeps getting pushed back.

  • Voting/Consensus tool
    --NPC needs a voting mechanism to collect votes on NPC applications for conference call next Wed.
    --Jaime is setting up a work session next Mon or Tues...we think?
    --Alfredo will ask him to email the list about this.
    --Program/Culture WG needs help with Collaborative Democracy software to flesh out different tracks; Mallory will meet up with them to hear their needs and report back.
  • Timing of phone calls to maximize participation
    --Last time Jaime recommended Sunday afternoon.
    --Perhaps try for 6pm PST/9pm EST on Thursday, 9/3--yes!! Let's organize for this!
  • ICT representation at IC Meeting/Quebec Social Forum
    --IC is trying to get 10 people to go, now reduced to 6-7 reps from NPC and Detroit over budget concerns.
    --Social Forum Expanded Committee of IC is looking for assistance with video conferencing and streaming, and bringing these conversations to U.S.
    --MayFirst is definitely going so as to do hemispheric social forum work, not sure if going as a NPC delegate.
  • September 3 ICT conf call
    --Add representatives discussion.
Last modified 8 years ago Last modified on 08/21/09 13:18:51